FAQ - Frequently asked Questions
STAYING AT Q STATION
ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE AT Q
Book a History Tour
- Wi-Fi – Complimentary WIFI is available to all in-house guests. Select the WIFI network on your device titled “Q Station”. You will be asked to sign in, choose access Code and enter the password QStation2022. For access to high-speed Internet, you can enter your name and room number, then select the appropriate package. Please note these packages will be charged to your room to be paid upon checkout.
- High speed Internet can be purchased for:
• $9.95 (24 hours)
• $19.95 (48 hours)
- Parking – Complimentary parking for guests staying at Q Station. For day visitors parking is limited. We do suggest the local 161 bus from Manly or use Taxi/Ubers.
- Tours – Our Quarantine Wander History Tour runs daily at 11am and Ghost Tours at 8pm. Please click here to view times and book.
- Can I cancel my booking? – Cancellations are dependent on your booking. Please read your reservation confirmation for terms and conditions.
- Children ages – A child is classed as 12 years and younger.
- Can I bring my boat/SUP/kayak? – SUPs and kayaks are allowed at Quarantine Beach. This is of no responsibility to the hotel, all responsibility on guest. They cannot be left anywhere other than the beach. Boat anchorage must be before the buoy line in front of quarantine beach, as the area is a marine sanctuary. Wharf access is also not permitted as it is a public wharf. If coming to quarantine beach, a dinghy can be used past the buoy line. However, Quarantine Beach gate access closes from sunset to sunrise.
- Boilerhouse says fully booked online - Due to COVID-19 restrictions we have limited availability. Please give our reservations team a call from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday if you’re unable to book online.
- Eco hopper ferry – Currently not available. Please check https://www.myfastferry.com.au/destinations/q-station/ for updates.
- Reservation response time – Our reservations team are working hard to get everyone’s reservations processed. Please note our reservations team are available Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. We do have a 24-48 hour turn around on call backs and emails.
- BBQ – Please note no BBQs are allowed onsite as we are located in a National Park.
- Fishing – No fishing is allowed from Quarantine Beach.
- Sunday Sessions – Find out more about our popular live music event here.
- Drinks – Drinks can be bought on site. BYO alcohol not permitted.
- Platters – Cheese and Seafood Platters can be pre-ordered. Please email email@example.com for more info.
- Swimming Pool – We do not have a pool at Q Station. Guests are more than welcome to swim at the secluded Quarantine Beach.
- Beach towels – Beach towels are available, please call reception by dialing '9'.
- Do I need to bring linen? – All linen and towels are provided with the room.
- Are you pet friendly? – Being in a National Park no pets are allowed on site
- Sofa bed / cot – Sofa beds are available in our suites for an additional $50 per night. We can offer a single rollaway bed in the Apartments or Cottages for an additional $50 per night. Cots are free of charge. Please note all are based on availability.
- Air conditioning – Q Station is a heritage hotel and no air conditioning is available in rooms, however ceiling fans are in all rooms and suites.
- Gift Cards/Gift vouchers – Gift Cards can be purchased on our website or via the Visitors Centre, opening hours are 10am-4pm daily.
- Where is/how do I get to North Head? - Q Station is a 15-minute walk from Manly CBD or a short 5-minute Uber/taxi trip.
- Public Transport - 161 bus stops at Q Station and timetable information is available here: http://anyurb.com/en/bus-timetables-schedules/australia/new-south-wales-sydney/state-transit/bus_161-manly-to-north-head-loop-service/
- Where is the cemetery – The cemetery is not marked, however is located just below the P14, P15, P16 building and below P27 Building. The “3rd” cemetery is located at North Head behind the Bella Vista café, maps are available at reception.
ACTIVITIES AVAILABLE AT Q
- Explore the 33-hectare site on foot and enjoy the beautiful views across Sydney Harbour to the city skyline. Find a quiet place to chill out, read a book or just kick back and enjoy the serenity.
- Learn more about the history of Sydney and Q Station by visiting the free museum in the Visitor’s Centre, open 10am - 4pm daily. No admission fee.
- Join a Quarantine Wanderer history tour, 11am daily.
- Scare yourself in a lantern-lit ghost tour through shadowy old buildings, running most evenings at 8pm.
- Bring your school to take part in one of our curriculum-aligned education programs.
- Delight your taste buds over lunch or dinner at the Boilerhouse Kitchen & Bar.
- Treat yourself to a coffee and snack at our Wharf Café.
- Treat your team to a memorable experience by hosting your next conference in one of our varied historical function spaces.
- Host your destination wedding right here in Sydney by taking advantage of Q Stations unique landscape and venues.
- Stage a truly amazing social event, whether it be a dinner on the wharf or a cocktail party in the Glasshouse, a laid-back BBQ style dinner or an intimate dinner for 2, we are only limited by imagination
- Status levels: https://all.accor.com/loyalty-program/cards-status-benefits/index.en.shtml
- Benefits: https://www.accorplus.com/au/benefits/
- Boilerhouse Kitchen - Open for dinner Thursday through Saturday. To book a table at Boilerhouse, please click here
- Views Buffet Breakfast - Buffet at Views on weekends from 7am. All bookings are 45-minute time slots. Bookings essential. From Monday to Friday, the Wharf Café serves breakfast options from 7am. To book your breakfast time at Views, please click here
- Engine Room Bar - Closed until further notice.
- Wharf Cafe & Bar - Open daily and serving barista coffee, refreshments, sandwiches, pastries, ice cream, beer and wine. Located next to Quarantine Beach.
- G & Tea House - Closed until further notice.
- Kitchen/Cooking facilities – Our two-bedroom Isolation Apartment has a kitchenette with microwave, toaster, plates, and cutlery. Our three bedrooms cottages have a kitchenette with stove top, microwave, toaster, plates, and cutlery. All other rooms have tea and coffee facilities.
- History and Ghost Tours are operated daily from our Visitor Centre at the Wharf. Our Tours desk is manned from Wednesday to Sunday. Tours run daily and are only cancelled when there are no bookings. The Museum is accessible 7 days per week - Entry via Wharf Café. For more information or to make a tour booking follow the below links:
Book a History Tour